Fire Disc Cooker vs Skottle? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Fire Disc Cooker vs Skottle?

George C Lone

I'm looking at getting a Skottle and just came across this thing:

So aside from the legs (which Skottle looks more compact), are there any advantages the Fire Disc might have over the Skottle?

Plow disk cookers have been around forever. Skottle just put a catchy name on and jacked up the price

Here's one of the popular ones but if you search plow disk grill/cooker you will see the rest. Also notice the difference in price.

Discada

I know what you mean.
When I first saw the Skottle it was at a small local event a long time ago. It was just a guy with one out camping. Everybody loved them and the next year he was selling them. Years later I see the Skottle and people couldn't hand him money fast enough.
Go to the website and look at his table then do the add ons for it and price it. The table is ....ok but not for that price. People still cant give them money fast enough for their products.
If it works, more power to them.

Forgot to add
Your original question about the difference. Both are steel plates. One is flat and the other is dished. Go buy an 1/8 steel plate and put it on your stove. The cooking is the same, theirs are just more portable.

I know what you mean.
When I first saw the Skottle it was at a small local event a long time ago. It was just a guy with one out camping. Everybody loved them and the next year he was selling them. Years later I see the Skottle and people couldn't hand him money fast enough.
Go to the website and look at his table then do the add ons for it and price it. The table is ....ok but not for that price. People still cant give them money fast enough for their products.
If it works, more power to them.

Help me understand something on that table, it doesn't look that sturdy?

I was just looking at one at a show a few months ago. The legs looked like 1/2" tube. If you buy the (around $100) lower shelf, it takes the wobble out of it. I think the guy there was getting irritated because of how much time I spent examining it. OK, so yeah I was considering copying part of the design for the telescopic legs but when I sourced out the parts, I decided I didn't like the build quality for how I use the gear.

Its not "unstable", I just believe for the price, the whole thing should be better. If they did a fold up design with bracing right above the slide part of the legs, it would be sturdier and still pack small.