How much does Matts OffRoad Recovery charge? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How much does Matts OffRoad Recovery charge?

Jeep4Life

I'm getting my morning dose of YouTube videos and just finished watching:

Anyone happen to know what this guy charges for recovering you out of whatever mess you are in?

from what I have heard.....Alot.
Evidently their was a "misunderstanding" with an insurance company about him over billing. It went to court, and now its all better.
There was a company out here doing something similar but not as extreme. That company would charge no less than $1000. $500 min just to go down a dirt road. then so much per hour plus expenses.

Must watch YouTube channel for any overlander‘off-roader. Learn what you shouldn’t do! Prevention!
You mean like tow a heavy trailer through soft dirt with no friends that can help you?

When I watch these videos, it makes me think there's no one in the entire state of Utah beside the guys that get stuck. Then again, maybe all these sets of recovery boards, shovels and axe's on the side of their rigs are just for show. That would also mean all those winches, recovery kits and straps people buy aren't used at all.

I'm sure there at least a couple per day, but ones that make it to video likely get a discount for being on film.

So do you think he waves some of his fees if people sign waiver for his videos?
Hopefully he gives a discount for filmed recoveries because he is making money off the vids, BUT I hope not on account of a waiver ..... there is no waiver needed in public. Maybe it sounds petty, but we all need to know, in public there is no waiver or permission needed.

from what I have heard.....Alot.
Evidently their was a "misunderstanding" with an insurance company about him over billing. It went to court, and now its all better.
There was a company out here doing something similar but not as extreme. That company would charge no less than $1000. $500 min just to go down a dirt road. then so much per hour plus expenses.
Wait, which is it....... "no less than a $1000..." or a minimum of $500!?!?!

I'm sure there at least a couple per day, but ones that make it to video likely get a discount for being on film.
Utah is kinda the mecca of off road so I imagine he gets a lot of work out there. I'm in the AZ high desert and stay busy. On the other hand I live in an area where sxs drive around town so maybe it is same : same. Either way they are making pretty big money between the channel and the jobs

If he touched dirt, it was 500 min. The price from there depended on what he did or how far he went on dirt. Once he got you unstuck, you just spent 1000 min.

The video on reply #4 where it looks like he just used a strap would have been no less then 500 as long as it was near pavement. If the winch came out, you know it was at least 1000

Hopefully he gives a discount for filmed recoveries because he is making money off the vids, BUT I hope not on account of a waiver ..... there is no waiver needed in public. Maybe it sounds petty, but we all need to know, in public there is no waiver or permission needed.

You think the $$ he makes from each video transcends what he would normally make on such recovery?