Tire size on your offroad trailer vs tire size on rig | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Tire size on your offroad trailer vs tire size on rig

Tony Parsons

I'm running 33" tires on my Patriot trailer. My truck has 35" tires. I would have gone with 35's on the trailer, but they won't fit as I understand. Now if I lose a tire on my rig and need to scravange one from my trailer, with there being a size difference, for getting out of pinch/woods. Is this going to damage anything on my rig? AKA, the spare tire is 2" smaller than the other 3 tires.

+1 agree, never have done that, but pretty sure your trucks computer won't like that. Actually the drivetrain I think will have the larger problem.

Just add a lift to your rig and go with the 33" tires and match all around. That's a decent size wheel.

Depending on your rig (and if the tire wheel lug pattern will match your truck), the smaller tire shouldn't cause any problems if it's not placed on a driven wheel and you don't have limited slip. If you have a limited slip differential on the rear and put it there, it would cause damage. If you put it on the front where your wheels aren't driven, it should be fine. Just like how temporary donut spare tires work.