Re-painting Tailgater tire table different color? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Re-painting Tailgater tire table different color?

Pado

I have a one of these tire tables I bought after reading a review here and seeing them at the expo. Mine is black and while its very nice, I want something brighter. Can I scuff this up and paint red? Or should I still apply a primer then paint?

I would have it re-powder coated if you want to swap color. That will be much more durable. But if you don't want to go that path, scuffing it up, THEN priming it, THEN painting it would be the path I would go.

The problem with paining something like this, is that you will be tossing this around. If the table was going to stay in one place, yeah primer/paint would be fine. But seeing that you will be taking this in and out, tossing around, you want that paint bond to be strong, that that's where powder coating is going to be the right fit for you.

Perhaps from rusting, but then again, if it's bright red, and you try to return it. You might have issues with that.