Portable A/C suggestions for the upcoming hot months | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Portable A/C suggestions for the upcoming hot months

TRDTom

I usually avoid camping during summer as it can get extremely hot. However, this year I would love to give it a shot. Does anyone have suggestions for portable A/C units to use at camp?

This comes up often, ZeroBreeze is the only thing I know of, and it works moderately at best. The problem is that AC units that do much are a bit on the large size.

I was previously concerned about NTIECORE, their outdoor equipment reputation is very good, and seems to plan to launch outdoor air conditioning.

I'll chime in here. That's Chinese quoting what WranglerGuy said. If you meant to put brand, nothing was posted.

Looks like a knock off to a crappy Zero Breeze which doesn't work well to begin with. I would stay clear of it.

I'm with Randy, their marketing looks gimmicky. If it works, I'd be all over this. 4wdTalk, do you have any experience with this AC unit?

Yeah, it might work. Just reading it is essentially 2550 BTU, and while that isn't a lot, it might cool down a 2-3 person tent. But then again, there isn't any data on the power consumption. Anyone know what that ZeroBreeze thing is rated at? I'd be interested, but want to see more data.

Yeah, it might work. Just reading it is essentially 2550 BTU, and while that isn't a lot, it might cool down a 2-3 person tent. But then again, there isn't any data on the power consumption. Anyone know what that ZeroBreeze thing is rated at? I'd be interested, but want to see more data.
I confuse’ what data you want to konw...but I had an unpleasant impression of the product you mentioned.I wonder if there is an improved version,Mark2?What do you think?

If either worked well, I’d be all over it. The problem is that ZeroBreeze has mostly mehhhh reviews. This yellow thing isn’t even out yet, so don’t know.

If either worked well, I’d be all over it. The problem is that ZeroBreeze has mostly mehhhh reviews. This yellow thing isn’t even out yet, so don’t know.
True! Zero Breeze proved that AC unites this small can't cool down much of any space. Considering you are paying $1500 to $2000 for something like this, you are better off getting a cheap 6000 BTU window unit and make that work for half the cost and be MUCH cooler.

You guys see the teaser for ecoflow.com for May 12th? They are supposed to be launching an AC unit for campers