How to mount small TV mount to CVT clamshell tent? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How to mount small TV mount to CVT clamshell tent?

Kirk Carle

When the tent is open < is there a way to have a small TV mounted to the inner ceiling? I'm talking super small TV like 20". So either the TV would fold up when it closes, or snaps into the stand.

Hmm, I am not really sure if this is a good idea. It is a small TV but I would imagine it would get squished when the tent is folded down. Also, the vibrations and the cold and warm weather during the summer would kill that TV pretty quickly.

I would also fear water ingress through the holes you will need to drill through the tent walls to put the TV. Personally I wouldn't bother, just take your laptop or something similar for movies

You could perhaps make it work by bolting a foldable TV wall stand on the tent but as mentioned above I am not sure how long the TV would last up there and if it is worth it drilling the tent.

If you don't mind you can try it when the TV is done you can replace it. However, a tablet and a way to hand it from the wall seems like a more viable option

Regardless of what you do, don't forget to use a weather resistant silicon for the mount.

Agree. You can mount anything you want assuming there is no clearance issues when it closes. Most of these tents will have a little space to spare, but honestly regardless I wouldn't store a TV of any size. Between the heat when stored and possibility of getting crushed, that's a disaster waiting to happen.

There isn't much point in going through all the hassle mate. Just use a tablet! I mean the new ones are nearly as big a small tv now 😂