Heating RTT with Planar diesel heater? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Heating RTT with Planar diesel heater?

Ken Sekley

I've seen a couple videos by this channel were they talk about a diesel heater they have installed in that nose of the guys trailer. I clicked on the link below and it's a planar. That part I got, but how could I install this on my JK to heat my RTT? That's not something I want to install IN the truck, so where would you suggest I install this heater?

What RTT do you have. My Tepui had an opening on the side, center at the hinge that would fit a heater. Before I sold it, I was going to plumb it in there. I've seen some guys come in the side window.

You can buy them already installed in a case. That case is weather proof, so you can just leave that outdoors and run a hose up to your tent.

+1 get the all in one heater if you don't want to install in your Jeep. OR get a Pelican case and mount the heater in that.

What RTT do you have. My Tepui had an opening on the side, center at the hinge that would fit a heater. Before I sold it, I was going to plumb it in there. I've seen some guys come in the side window.

Just ordered a iKamper. Are you saying you have a mount for the heater on the tent or an opening for the air inlet to come in?

The heater would sit on the ground. On my tent and most of the standard RTT's, the folding hinge in the middle had an opening just big enough to put the heat tube in. You would have a velcro flap to seal it once its open.
Worse case is you bring it in the front.

Did you buy your heater yet? If not don't go bigger than 5k.