Discovery 2 on 37s has anyone done it before? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Discovery 2 on 37s has anyone done it before?

UKlandy

I have just bought a Land Rover discovery 2 and I am thinking of going all out with it and installing 37 inch tall tires.

Has anyone done this on the internet so I can get some idea of what to do? It certainly won't be an easy task but I would like to challenge myself.

It has been done but the question is whop has done it while also making them work properly under there? I think the only person who has managed this is the guy from Dirt Lifestyle

Discoveries and Land Rover in general except the defender do not really work well with huge tires. The engines aren't powerful enough and the axles are weak. On the discos the arches are also very small. I would bet you would get better performance out of a smaller tire on a disco because the suspension will be able to work properly withoyught being limited by the tires contacting the body.

Of course, just like anything with the correct knowledge, time and a lot of money 37s can be made to work great on a disco. Is all this money and effort worth it though? Well, it's up to you to decide