Details About “Matt’s Off Road Recovery” Insurance Fraud | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Details About “Matt’s Off Road Recovery” Insurance Fraud

Damn, well at least he owned up to it. But the silver lining to this is that we finally know roughly what he charges for those tows!

As I see it, he just made sure he got paid and had the corporation (big man) pay. Saving the little guy $$. So while what he did was wrong, he had a bit of Robin Hood running through his reasoning.

As I see it, he just made sure he got paid and had the corporation (big man) pay. Saving the little guy $$. So while what he did was wrong, he had a bit of Robin Hood running through his reasoning.

I agree here 100%. I've been playing around off road my whole life. If something happens on a dirt road, its possible your insurance wont cover it. I've talked with a few off road recovery guys, they all said the same thing, most of the time the customer has to pay out of his pocket.
Legal or not, he was being creative, that way the customer didn't have to shell out a ton of money and he still got paid.

I've always enjoyed this guy. Frankly speaking, I would have done the same. He's just looking out for his own.