Big vs small tires what would you go with? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Big vs small tires what would you go with?

Xterramods

On an overland build that will also hit some of the harder trails what tires would you choose to use? Big or small?

Also, what are the reasons for your choice? would love to know the pros and cons

I would choose the slightly smaller ones for overlanding. Maybe a couple of inches larger than stock to avoid breakages, get better fuel economy while also gaining some traction and diff clearance

Find the sweet spot in the middle. As the comment above suggest 2 inches larger than stock should be enough. A large tire is considered when you increase the size by 4 inches or more.

As long as the tire can fit in the stock wheel arches you probably haven't overdone it yet. For overland a big tire will just be a pain

For overland I would go mid sized. Depending on the truck I would say a 33 should be perfect.

Not too big or small therefore you should not have any issues on difficult trails while also staying comfortable on road