Portable ice makers while camping? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Portable ice makers while camping?

Travis

I see a few companies making these things, do any of these actually work well or are they more novelty? When it comes to camping we are more spirits drinkers and enjoy a good mixed drink vs a beer. But with ice limited on longer trips, this has always been a challenged. I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Travis

These guys just came out with robotic lawn mower as well. Definitely raising the bar in a couple industries.

When I first saw the robotic lawn mowers, I decided I wanted one, then I saw the price.
What's nice is, if it runs low on power, it will park itself in its little charging garage then go back out and finish. I just need a version that picks up dog poop.

When I first saw the robotic lawn mowers, I decided I wanted one, then I saw the price.
What's nice is, if it runs low on power, it will park itself in its little charging garage then go back out and finish. I just need a version that picks up dog poop.
Will it get stuck when it hits a turd? ha ha ha Seriously though, my question about this mower is height and density of the grass, at what point does it just become to much for the motors in this thing? And is it able to sense when the blades haven't cleared all the grass it ran over.

Heh, Getting stuck on dock poop would be funny and messy. I was thinking of some kind of forward facing scoop.
HMM...invention idea? Robotic dog poop cleaner.
What I read on them was more its set like a regular mower and goes out a couple times a week to maintain a height. This made me go look at them again. The pricing came down but is still a bit much. They even have an AWD one for hilly areas. I wonder if it can be lifted and equipped with lockers?