Clearlidz Polycarbonate front hardtop panel on Jeep JT? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Clearlidz Polycarbonate front hardtop panel on Jeep JT?

Ken S

I like the idea of driving around with no top on to have the added light and view from above. But that has turned problematic with security of stuff in side my truck when I run into stores or storing my truck outdoors. I just learned that there is a clear hard top available from Clearlidz. I'm curious though on how this stands up over time to being in the sun. Glass is one thing, but this is a polycarbonate material, so will this fade or crack over time? They charge $1400 bucks for this thing, so it's not exactly cheap.

Anyone have experience or know anything about these sort of tops?

I’ve seen a Jeep with one of these at Overland West last year, but have no idea how long it’s been on there. Looked nice though.

Interesting, but if it’s a plastic, it will scratch and fade at some point if you have your truck in the sun a lot. Especially if you don’t garage the truck.

Interesting, but if it’s a plastic, it will scratch and fade at some point if you have your truck in the sun a lot. Especially if you don’t garage the truck.

Nearly got one of these last year and didn't because of these same concerns.

My concern is if you do wheeling in brush, will it scratch this all to hell and make it start failing. Or better yet if you are in the sun often as OP is asking, will it fade? I'm curious as well.