Would you let a good friend borrow your truck for camping trip? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Would you let a good friend borrow your truck for camping trip?

RiverRat

A good friend comes up to you, states they are thinking about getting into camping and wants to borrow your truck and camping gear for an entire weekend to see if they like it. Would you?

Ehhhh.
If I did, I would keep the gear simple and they would get my new 19 Tacoma and not the 96 Cruiser. I would make them set up camp in the front yard so they know how things work. Nothing more fun than watching someone set up a tent for the first time.
Do they know how to change a flat tire? How's their mechanical abilities and how remote are we talking.
Not really a simple yes or no question.

LOL Yeah, about that. Major items, no. Small items I have no problem lending out as long as that person has some aptitude towards this sort of gear and carrying for it.

That's a big order to let someone just borrow. Things can happen out of your control, I wouldn't. Just because I don't want to be put in that position.

Ehhhh.
If I did, I would keep the gear simple and they would get my new 19 Tacoma and not the 96 Cruiser. I would make them set up camp in the front yard so they know how things work. Nothing more fun than watching someone set up a tent for the first time.
Do they know how to change a flat tire? How's their mechanical abilities and how remote are we talking.
Not really a simple yes or no question.

Isn't that the truth! Setting up camping gear in general requires a PHD in patience!! Plus something to consider regarding tents is that they can be easily damaged if they are stowed away incorrectly.