Need a good shovel and ax that I can mount on truck bed | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Need a good shovel and ax that I can mount on truck bed

Pado

Have any of you tried one of those DMOS shovels? I noticed there is a $100 difference between the normal ($249) and Pro model ($349). I sent them a message about durability. Which I've not heard back yet. I also need a good ax. On my FB page, another person suggested I go with a Rhino Rack clamp to hold all this stuff in place. I told him I wasn't 100% sure on this shovel yet, and still needed ax option.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DMOS shovel isn't all that, I bought one, and it looks cool, but not a user friendly shovel. Just heavy, bulky and it doesn't feed good when digging into earth. I have a X27 36" splitting ax that I want to say cost $55.

I have no idea where I got this ax from, but it's old and it's had a number of handle replacements over the years. As for my shovel, it's nothing worth recommending. I bought mine from Home Depot, actually I have replaced it a couple of times just in the last 4 years as I keep breaking the handle.

Fiskars shovel and Axe. Lifetime replacement and reasonable cost. To be fair, I have expensive axes that I actually use, but have the Fiskars tools to keep in the truck to keep the Forest service happy (They require us to carry fire extinguisher and shovel on the trails), and the Fiskars is a near unbreakable "loaner" axe if anybody wants to borrow one. That keeps their paws off of my premium axes.