Could this Rivian done better in snow if they had aired down their tires? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Could this Rivian done better in snow if they had aired down their tires?

Chris Vitiello

So I was watching this video and noticed neither trucks tires were aired down. Does Rivians computers account for people airing down tires?

Interesting, not a clue with how Rivian computers work. But I would guess airing down would have increased traction, that's a fact.

Yes of course, airing down always helps regardless of the truck. This is especially true in terrain such as snow where grip is minimal

100% In such conditions tires play a huge role! I am curious to know the longevity impact living in a very cold climate has on the Rivian's batteries. It will definitely kill them sooner

Yes, there is no doubt it would. Al vehicle perform better when aired down unless they run extremely low profile tires. Then they have the issue of punctures

Why wouldn't it? Airing down will always increase the amount of tread on the ground, therefore increasing traction.

Agree, airing down will always help with traction. Either way, the Rivian did well here. That weight is coming in handy.