$499.00 DIY Harbor Freight Utility Trailer Custom Camping Teardrop Build Out Tour | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

$499.00 DIY Harbor Freight Utility Trailer Custom Camping Teardrop Build Out Tour

Derek Roberts

OK, put aside the suspension could use some work and tires to make this remotely off-road ready, for the budget this is pretty darn cool!

I've seen this before. For an ON ROAD little camper, yeah bravo the guy did a great job. However Harbor Freight is cheap for a reason. My only concern would be what you mentioned already, the wheels and suspension. Both of those could fail with all the added weight, bearing give way, and then you are SOL!

Agree, props to the guy for what he built. However I would be surprised if those tires held on over any of the trails I head down. But again for $500 bucks, yeah that's what I call stretching budget!

Gawd that's got a ton of tongue weight.
Nice work but $499? That's how much the trailer cost at Harbor Freight. I guess he probably has $1500 in it at least. Not bad. I've got a bit over 2500 in mine. The doors and windows is where he saved his money. Those are real expensive.

ON road camper, sure. He does need to seal his wood joints. There's areas in the video you see bare wood in the seams.
I will give him props for diving in.

Gawd that's got a ton of tongue weight.
Nice work but $499? That's how much the trailer cost at Harbor Freight. I guess he probably has $1500 in it at least. Not bad. I've got a bit over 2500 in mine. The doors and windows is where he saved his money. Those are real expensive.

ON road camper, sure. He does need to seal his wood joints. There's areas in the video you see bare wood in the seams.
I will give him props for diving in.

I was thinking the same thing! That tongue weight is a beast! But something else that got me about this guys trailer. That is the ventilation must have skipped this guys mind. Solid doors and windows? I bet that gets stuffy during a nights.

Not to mention if there's two people how fast you run out of oxygen. That was something I read about when I was building mine.

I have a dog who sleeps with use, and every so often if he eats something he isn't supposed too, he is gas'y and it's bad. I would die with him in that trailer. :ROFLMAO::sick: