Why are some diesel motors blocked from U.S.? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Why are some diesel motors blocked from U.S.?

Chris B Offroad

Random question, but noticed many offroad trucks that are available with diesel options offshore, only get gas versions here in the U.S.. Why is that?

they aren't exactly blocked mate. The US market is different and the majority of people go for gas cars. So for many manufacturers it doesn't make sense to sell the diesels there

Really? I would have guessed at least in the truck marketing, most would want because of the torque numbers.

Really? I would have guessed at least in the truck marketing, most would want because of the torque numbers.
I think Mike is correct here. In the US diesel passenger vehicles tend to be seen as agricultural so people don't buy them that much. They are getting more popular now though

Who knows these days, there is so much red tape. Now we hear some states signing bills that will whip out fossil fuels all together by 2045. While that is long away, the fact that we are moving in that direction will influence what we can buy in the future.