RSI Smart Cap vs RLD Design Cap?? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

RSI Smart Cap vs RLD Design Cap??

Ken S

I'm tired of waiting for RSI to come in stock, I have found another one that looks promising. It's made by RLD. Have you heard of this company? Or better yet know of their caps?

These guys I've been looking at as well. As I understand, they are made in Africa and imported into the states. Did you call them and check on shipping times?

Interesting, never heard of this one. Just Googled them and their caps look very well made. They do have some dead links on their site. Is this a new company?

Priced about the same, although these are once piece vs modular with the RSI ones. Now it does look like these have more color options.

Wasn't GoFastCampers supposed to be coming out with a cap?

Franklin - Both of the above are made in Africa. RLD like RSI has operations on the states however are made overseas. I've researched the pi$$ out of both of these companies, so feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Do they make tents that attach to these sort of caps? So that you can put a mattress in the back and still have the back end closed off?

I'm sure someone makes something. However you will need to snap it into place around the back. That part will likely need to be custom as these caps are going to be slightly different from one another.

Good looking cap, on their page it looks like they may have a couple of versions. Some of them have hidden hinges and others have the hinges exposed which I would have concerns about someone opening

Pimp if you have Gladiator. Which I don't. My brother just bought one and he's looking at cap for that thing. Which is why I stuck my nose in this thread.

Good looking cap, on their page it looks like they may have a couple of versions. Some of them have hidden hinges and others have the hinges exposed which I would have concerns about someone opening

I have a friend with one of these, aside from company reps difficult to get ahold of, he loves it. As I understand, the hinges on outside are older ones. New caps have the hinges inside.