Mounting Luna Sur Ron X Bike | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Mounting Luna Sur Ron X Bike

Travis

I got one of these inbound and have a couple questions:

1. how to carry this on my truck? I don't have a bed.
2. Any ideas on how to charge this in the field?

You can get racks that go into your receiver on the back. I would get a small generator to charge it. Sick bike Travis. Post what you think of it. Been on the fence.

Agree, Alp 1000 watt propane generator or small honda if you want gas powered will do the trick and won't take up much space. Personally I would go with the propane just because it's cleaner. Regarding carrying it, yeah, get yourself a rack that fits in a 2" receiver, and you'll be golden. Luna makes a good bike, you should have a lot of good times with that bike.

Does your truck have an inverter in it? Charge it there, or better yet, check with the company to see if you can charge as driving via your electric connection for trailer.

So I have a question, I just Googled that and noticed "Installed Luna Gates Belt Drive $500.00". What exactly does this do? Does it get more of the power to the ground?

Thanks guys. Turns out a friend has one he's going to let me have as he bought a pickup and no longer needs. Well he isn't giving it to me, but I'm going to buy at a super discount. We'll see what it looks like. Heading there tomorrow to check out and buy if good. He's a good friend, so I'm sure it's a good deal. Thanks again though!