Alp Generators larger than 1000w? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Alp Generators larger than 1000w?

Tom Scherb

I love this generator, but man, I wish this sucker had more power. This is perfect for most of what I need it for. However I would like to charge larger items at camp, and it's just not enough. 2000-2300w would be incredible. Especially if it's close to the same form factor. Unless I'm missing something from their site, it looks like this is the only size?

Sorry to say, no there isn't. Champion and Generac have smaller units on that rank. I say smaller because their other generators are much larger.

What are you looking to charge? I have one and find it's perfect size/weight for what I need to charge when camping. Just my 2 cents based on my needs though.

Anyone know how long this generator will run off 5lb propane tank? Can you get an entire day or weekend from it? I've mounted two 5lb tanks on the exterior of my rig, and I don't want to go larger. One is for BBQ and the other was meant to be a spare.

Never understood why they only offered one size. 1000w just isn't enough for most serious applications. 2000w, yeah, that would have been another story.