$33,000 Rooftop tent from Redtail Overland?? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

$33,000 Rooftop tent from Redtail Overland??

Randy

Well, I'm not sure what I'm looking at here, but $33,000 for a rooftop tent? https://www.redtailoverland.com/pages/trim-levels They have 3 trim levels starting at $20,000 and going up to $33,000.

Is this a joke or what is it? How is every other roof top tent on the market a fraction of this cost? What's the deal with this tent?

You need to dive into the text on their site vs just look at photos, this thing is far more than a roof top tent. Looks like they are pitching it as a more comfortable living pod when you are out. Well that's my first impress, I'll dive more into this later on YouTube.

I'm sorry, but I don't get it? It looks like a hard shell tent, it has the space of a hard shell tent. I get the walls are solid (but HOW solid are they??) and you have glass or plastic windows in the back. $33000 though? I'm sure I'm missing something here. Someone help me understand this.

That back window is pretty legit. So would something like this keep either warm or cool (depending on season) inside better than other tents?

Hmmm, well first glance yeah, overpriced. But the more you look closer, I can see where they are taking this. But I guess I would need to see one in person or see more bonafide reviews.

Looks nice, but for that price would like to see more space. Tough to say from photos too, video would be nice.

Um, no. Just can't get my arms around paying that much for something that visually and space wise resembles a tent.

Um, say no to drugs. LOL Seriously this is why out of my budget. My wife would divorce me if I bought a $30,000 tent. Looks slick though.

Damn, solar, power bank, fans, these things are pretty well loaded. I'll admit first glance it's easy to cast judgement. But agree with you Sergey, once you look at this things, differences jump out pretty fast. Hard walls and actual windows? Damn that is slick.