Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. RiverRat

Aluminum vs steel skid plates??

If you are putting plates under your truck, can you get away with aluminum and not have anything to worry or should you go steel?
  2. RiverRat

Matts Offroad Recovery Building The World's Smallest Off Road Wrecker!

OMG, this was a good laugh watching Matt trying to get this thing up that hill.
  3. RiverRat

FLEXTAIL EVO ICER: Battery-Powered Ice Maker for Outdoors

I've been looking at the Eco Flo Glacier and just noticed this one. Only 200Wh Battery|Easy to Carry |12 Ice Cubes/ 5 Mins Nice to see more options showing up on the market! https://www.flextail.com/
  4. RiverRat

Tembotusk Skittle grill in wind?

Earlier this year, I bought one of these things after I read an article on this site recommending these things. And I have a question on windy days. How in the world do you cook on this thing when the wind is howling?
  5. RiverRat

Would you let a good friend borrow your truck for camping trip?

A good friend comes up to you, states they are thinking about getting into camping and wants to borrow your truck and camping gear for an entire weekend to see if they like it. Would you?
  6. RiverRat

Whats a good Toyota for a camper build?

I'm a Ford dude, and a friend is looking to get into overlanding and has a fondness of Toyotas from a surface level. I was telling him the old school Toyotas look badass, and he should pick up something used and build off that. But not 100% sure which would be best for this. Would you happen...
  7. RiverRat

TESLA Powered Polaris UTV?

DANG!!!
  8. RiverRat

Turtleback Expedition trailer?

I found this website because of their YouTube videos. I have noticed the person who does the videos here has one of those Turtleback Expedition trailers. What's your opinion of these trailers? I see this company makes 2 trailers, this one and Getaway. Which does look smaller, what other...
  9. RiverRat

Rivian has a 175,000 mile warranty?

I was watching this guys video and he said it has 8 year/ 175,000 mile warranty?? If so, that is crazy! Please confirm.
  10. RiverRat

Any preppers here?

I've never been one for prepping much. However with what is happening, I beginning to think I need to start look at this. So I had some questions: 1. How much food to store? 2. Did you get any potassium pills in case of nuke attack? 3. Did you invest in NBC suit of some sort? 4. What are...
  11. RiverRat

Can you burn wood in portable fireplace when fire ban?

I was just watching this guys video and wondering, if I live in area that has fire ban still. Can you burn wood in something like this?
  12. RiverRat

Airbedz vs other mattress options??

So I was just watching old Sharktank shows over the weekend and came across "Airbedz" in an older video. I total forgot about this company. But they make a mattress that fits in the bed of your truck. So this seems like a very slick idea, IF the mattress is comfortable. Have you tried one?
  13. RiverRat

Electric vs gas chain saw??

I have a gas powered chain saw that would come in handy to carry with me while over landing adventures, but it's big, leaks fluids and I have to carry around gas and oils and it's just a mess. So, I'm about ready to purchase an electric chainsaw. As I see it, I can charge this thing with my...
  14. RiverRat

Can you charge an e-bike from a Jackery or Goal Zero?

Just a quick question for me today. Would you happen to know if you can charge a e-bike battery from something like a Jackery or Goal Zero?
  15. RiverRat

Would you buy this Jeep Wrangler Van?

Just found this, and dang this thing is such a winner for me. To bad it's just a concept: Would you buy this? https://www.motor1.com/news/465292/jeep-wrangler-van-render-vangler/
  16. RiverRat

Powering 500w portable heater with Jackery?

I don't want to hijack someone else thread here. But I was just looking at one of those 500w Jackery's and wondering how long that would run a 500w portable heater?
  17. RiverRat

Go Fast Campers V2 Platform Camper??

A buddy just sent me this link as he just found it on a FB page. Have you heard of this brand? https://gofastcampers.com/products/v2-platform-camper-1 I would install this on a Ford F150. Looks pretty slick, but how do you get inside?
  18. RiverRat

Bending aluminum tent pole back without breaking?

We bent one of the main tent poles to our tent, and it's bent pretty good. Is there a way to bend this back without breaking the pole? Thank you for your help!