Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. 4lowLA

Where did you mount your diff breathers?

I am thinking of mounting my diff breathers in the engine bay as it seems the obvious solution. Any better suggestions?
  2. 4lowLA

Best tires for overlanding / tough trails?

I love to hit some tough trails along my overlanding trips. In most cases, the terrain is rock and dry sand. Any tire recommendations? Would a BF all terrain be enough or is a mud terrain better?
  3. 4lowLA

Importing diesel land cruisers that are over 25 years old now legal correct?

I have always wanted a diesel 80 series but sadly we have never got those in the US. Being that they are nearing 25 years old now I would imagine that it will be fine to important them over the 25 year rule correct? If so, I might need to get myself one
  4. 4lowLA

Does anyone here have experience with the 200 series land cruiser?

Hey everyone, I am thinking of getting a 200 series land cruiser to use as an overlander. I will also take it on the relatively tougher trails which is my main concern. Does anyone know how they fare? Are the overhangs an issue? Also, is the front end strong enough to withstand some relatively...
  5. 4lowLA

How can I stop springs from falling out during full flex?

My springs are falling out during full articulation after installing some longer shocks. Does anyone know how I can prevent this as I keep on needing to place the coil back in place?
  6. 4lowLA

Air locker issues

So, when I switch my airlock on the compressor keep on pumping air but the locker never engages. Could not drive the majority of obstacles on my last trip due to this issue. Any ideas what the issue could be? I am thinking some kind of leak in the system?
  7. 4lowLA

Do 39 inch all terrains exist?

I had this question pop in my head today. Do 39 inch all terrain tires exist? Because when going for such a large tire then road noise is definitely not high in your priority list
  8. 4lowLA

Tire pressures for snow?

What tire pressures are you guys running when snow wheeling?
  9. 4lowLA

Rock sliders: do you have them? If so, do you ever have to use them?

Curious to see, how many of you have rock sliders here and do you ever need to use them? I use mine regularly whether that is by accident or if it is on a trail I know I will be running out of clearance. That's why we have them right?
  10. 4lowLA

Why has none made a headed rooftop tent?

Something I have always had in my mind is why has no-one made a rooftop tent with heated walls yet? In my mind it makes sense because a rooftop tent is something that is permanently mounted on your truck so you can run a wire to your power source and have it connected all the time. When you...
  11. 4lowLA

Cheap winch VS Expensive. What are the main differences?

You would think that a winch is a simple mechanism and there isn't much that can differentiate a cheap one from an expensive one other than build quality. What are the main differences that justify the difference in price? Should one go for a cheaper options or a more expensive one?
  12. 4lowLA

Fox suspension. Is it worth the price?

It's time to get some new shocks for my rig and I am having a look at the products offered by FOX. The prices are insane but I must say those shocks definatelly look the part! My question is wether the performance of these shocks is worth the price and if anyone on here has used them before...
  13. 4lowLA

JT JOHNNY JOINT FRONT TRAC BAR??

It is hard to tell exactly what the issue could be but the short answer is yes it could help. An upgraded steering shock may also help but I would first start by checking all ball joints and steering components are in good condition before starting to spend money on replacement parts
  14. 4lowLA

Lifted the front of my truck. Time to save up of for the rear 😂

squatted trucks make my eyes hurt!
  15. 4lowLA

Can i still send an SOS without my smartphone with a ZOLEO Satellite Communicator?

hmm, I am not sure. If it doesn't it may be an issue as in case of an accident your onions might brake. Also, on hikes it it nicer to leave the home in the car sometimes just to disconnect from everything but if the ZOLEO needs it that's not possible
  16. 4lowLA

Anyone else concerned about rising gas prices?

Yes, I am definatelly concerned. My main problem is that they will force older vehicles off the roads and the problem is that the only vehicles that do the job I want a vehicle to do are old! As far as the trailer goes I wouldn't worry. Try it out and if you find that it adds to much extra...
  17. 4lowLA

For those who have ditched the roof top tent, what did you go to after?

Personally, I am trying to find an Australian swag. Been wanting one of those for ages but they are hard to come by in the US. For now I am using a normal tent. I do agree that the RTT has a lot of cones especially on a wagon. The aerodynamic and weight up high penalty is just too much for me
  18. 4lowLA

How to mount small TV mount to CVT clamshell tent?

Hmm, I am not really sure if this is a good idea. It is a small TV but I would imagine it would get squished when the tent is folded down. Also, the vibrations and the cold and warm weather during the summer would kill that TV pretty quickly. I would also fear water ingress through the holes...
  19. 4lowLA

Some very capable rigs from Australia!

holy heck! Those things are soo capable. The flex on that Defender is unreal
  20. 4lowLA

Icon vs King vs RockJock vs Teraflex for suspension??

Never heard of them. I guess you are looking for suspension for a Jeep judging by the brands. Why don't you try Old man Emu? Not an American brand but the Aussies really know a think or two when it comes to 4wds so I would definitely trust them.