Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. TRDTom

I really wish we got these in the US!

hahaha yep, I wish so as well
  2. TRDTom

Blowing dust from your rig after long trip?

I don't tend to clean it while on the road. I just give it thorough clean when I get back home
  3. TRDTom

Overlanding on an adventure bike, have you thought of it?

I have been thinking about it a lot lately. It would be absolutley amazing to do some trips on one.
  4. TRDTom

TFL have bought an F-150 lightning.

I hope they keep it for a while so we can also tell if they are reliable and how the range decreases as the batteries age
  5. TRDTom

James Baroud Rooftop tents. Any reviews?

They are great tents as far as I know. Not sure if they ever had any problems, maybe someone can let us know!
  6. TRDTom

How do you cook when areas have fire bans?

How do you cook when areas have fire bans?
  7. TRDTom

Yeti VS Coleman Cooler. What would you go for?

I haven't used Yeti before but my Coleman cooler has been absolutely great. So I would say whichever you choose you will not be disappointed
  8. TRDTom

What brand and power rating winch do you guys use?

12000lbs for me as well. Pulls the 4th gen 4runner with ease!
  9. TRDTom

If you had to buy a brand new vehicle to drive across the world, what would you choose?

5th Gen 4runner for sure. It has been in production for so long that it is one of the last truly old school vehicles that one can currently buy brand new
  10. TRDTom

The Ineos is getting closer and closer to production. What do you guys think about it?

Let's hope it works as it should as we know that cars made in the UK never really work 😂
  11. TRDTom

Anyone going to overland expo? Even Shaun from 4wd24/7 is there this year!

Was scrolling around on Instagram and seen some stories by Shaun the host of 4wd24/7 showcasing some rigs at Overland Expo! Would love to head down there and check out what is going on! Anyone going?
  12. TRDTom

Body mount chop. Is it safe?

I want to fit my Tacoma with some 35s but as you may know, I will need to chop the body mount in order to fit them. What do you guys think about this. Is it safe? does it compromise the vehicle in anyway? If anyone here has done it before please let me know.
  13. TRDTom

How long do your tires last?

Most people say that off road tires will last somewhere between 40k-60k miles but for a set that is used off road regularly I find it hard to believe. I have me mud terrains for about 1.5 months and during that time have done about 1000 miles. Chunks are already falling off the knobs and the...
  14. TRDTom

How strong is the hardshell cover of an ikamper tent?

Mine has seen a lot of branches and is still in one piece!
  15. TRDTom

To run wheel spacers or not to run wheel spacers. Any opinions?

In my opinion it is all false internet opinions. Surely they do put more strain but it isn't as bad as people say. Car parts are strong and won't fail by adding wheel spacers. You speed up the wearing process a bit
  16. TRDTom

Dusty months are approaching. What do you do about engine air filters?

I use a K&N filter and clean it out every 4k miles. The only reason I do this is that it provides better airflow, if it didn't I would definitely use a replaceable one
  17. TRDTom

Looking for a full on camp kitchen setup. Any stove suggestions?

Completly agree with this one. I have seen these around and they work absolutely great. A lot of power and great quality
  18. TRDTom

DIY Camper Van Conversion. Full Build Timelapse

If only vans could do well off road and I would definitely have one
  19. TRDTom

Nissan Patrols. One of the best 4x4s we never got in the US. Does anyone know if they can be imported yet?

I love the patrols mate, in my opinion it is the only vehicle that can offer a package that comes close to an 80 series. Reliability, capability and comfort
  20. TRDTom

Portable A/C suggestions for the upcoming hot months

I usually avoid camping during summer as it can get extremely hot. However, this year I would love to give it a shot. Does anyone have suggestions for portable A/C units to use at camp?