Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. Ward Powell

Proper use of a Proper Ferro Rod

We have a overlanding meetup group I'll attend here. It's mainly just a group of people who like to get out and camp. We talk about gear, safety and organize trips. One thing I have noticed is that many people don't understand ferro rods and how to use these. A video that I think really does...
  2. Ward Powell

Determining which recovery rope is needed based on vehicle weight

So I'm looking at page #1 in my Quadretec magazine at this RES-Q 30 foot recovery rope that has rating of 29,000 lbs. If your rig weights let's say 5,000lbs, is it safe to assume you will never break this rope with your vehicle regardless what you do to it?
  3. Ward Powell

Padded Floor mat for under tent

This weekend we went camping and the ground was so rocky! I have a sore foot from this one. Need to find a padded floor mat, something that will absorb rocks. Can you suggest one please?
  4. Ward Powell

HARDEST Overland Trail In North America (We Almost Died)

Here's a video all you fellow Jeep owners want to watch. This looks like a good time, and no click bait, he had a close call there.
  5. Ward Powell

What is the farthest and longest time you have gone out camping/overlanding?

I'm bored out of my mind so stopping by here to say hello and make some small talk. So... What is the farthest you have traveled for overlanding/camping? What is the longest you have stayed out overlanding/camping?
  6. Ward Powell

Tent spikes that will go into frozen ground?

What spikes are you using when the ground is frozen?
  7. Ward Powell

Removing golf ball size dent in Jeep door?

I have a golf ball size dent that has surfaced (no clue how this happened) on my passenger door, right in the middle. There are no hard creases, and could have swards there are ways to pull this out with out having to go to a body shop. A buddy told me to tear the door apart and push from...
  8. Ward Powell

Solar charger for out in the field?

What are you using for emergency battery charging in the field? It just dawned on me that I have other emergency situations covered, however if I wake up one day while out at camp and battery is dead in my truck, I have no game plan. What are you using? Solar? If so, please share. Thank...
  9. Ward Powell

Great explanation of Overlanding

One of best write ups I've seen on Overlanding or what it is: https://www.xoverland.com/overlanding-blog/what-is-overlanding-to-xo/
  10. Ward Powell

Mic in Jeep is hard to hear?

Any of you have a tough time with your Jeeps mic? People I'm talking with can never hear me well??
  11. Ward Powell

What are some of the best places in Maine for camping

Morning, I am looking for suggestions for the best places to explore for camping purposes at the end of June in Maine. Thanks in advance for any recommendations you have!
  12. Ward Powell

General Tires any good?

With Nitto pretty much sold out all over and has been for the last 6 months. I'm looking at other options. I found the size I'm after with these General Tires, but I've not used these before. Have you? Care to share your thoughts? Thank you!!
  13. Ward Powell

Who makes custom truck covers?

We just bought a Toyota Tacoma and put a rack on the back of it. It won't fit in our garage, so it will need to be stored outdoors. The sun is brutal and I don't want this to destroy the truck.
  14. Ward Powell

Survival courses worth looking at?

I served a number of years ago in the Marines (26 years ago). However I want to find a good survival course that would help update me, and be a fun course to take. I've been out of it for years, or at least on the survival side of things. I've been wheeling a lot, but that doesn't mean I'm...