Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. M

Recommendations for good quality ground tents?

I am removing the rooftop tent for a bit just to see how the truck performs without it. What would you recommend for a good quality ground tent? I only need it for 2 people
  2. M

How can you make overlanding more enjoyable for the whole family?

I'd say try to talk to them and arrange stops that would interest the wife and kids along the way. This will keep them waiting for something.
  3. M

Suggestions for good storage boxes that will live on the roof rack?

these are some of the best out there...
  4. M

Experience with Toyo MTs?

They do last a fair bit mate. Probably the longest lasting mud tire out there
  5. M

Smittybuilt winches. Are the good?

They used to have some issues but they seem to have been solved now. I would go for it.
  6. M

What brand engine oil do you use?

In my opinion Kendall is one of the best. I never use anything else
  7. M

Any suggestions for a budget camera to take on our trips?

I use a Canon M50 mate. Small, with interchangeable lenses so I can get into some pretty good photos if I want
  8. M

Anyone here ever used 255.85.r16s? (Pizza cutters)

For your application it seems like a good idea. These tires are a good choice for underpowered vehicles like you have said
  9. M

Wide vs Narrow Off-Road Tires

It is a controversial topic. I think it also depends on the vehicle. If it has the power and axle strength then go for wide. If not the skinny tall tires should work great
  10. M

Induction cookers. Are they worth the hustle?

Andrew from 4x overland is testing it out. It may be worth having a look
  11. M

Found this informative video regarding long arm kits for Jeeps, Check it out if you are planing on doing the upgrade

I don't have a jeep but I will check it out. Seems like it has some good info
  12. M

Who upgrades their 4x4s brakes? After installing bigger tires etc braking performance suffers. Check out this video

Have not done it on mine yet by I should definatelly do it. It is an old truck and the combination of the tires and heavy overland gear is definitely straining the brakes
  13. M

Polybushes for the front end of a Tundra. Good or bad?

I have run them on the front end of a 3rd gen 4runner before mate. They are robust and make the ride a bit stiffer which is good or bad depending on what you need. Their biggest issues though is that when they dry out they get squeaky
  14. M

Best brand for a camp fridge?

It is time that I treat myself with a good fridge. I don't mind the price as I need something that I will buy once and keep for many years. Any recommendations for brands?
  15. M

Been seeing a few reports of engine issues with the new Bronco

Yep, I have also come across this. It's a brand new vehicle and ford isn't known for build quality so it doesn't seem too strange to me
  16. M

Any suggestions for a relatively cheap soft-shell rooftop tent?

Any suggestions for a relatively cheap soft-shell rooftop tent?
  17. M

Do you continue camping throughout summer?

I try to avoid it to be honest mate, I don't enjoy it that much when it is hot outside