Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. Rockingladiator

Experience with Toyo MTs?

Hey everyone, I am thinking pf getting some Toyo MTs for my Gladiator. I need something grippy off road but I also do a lot of miles on the motorway. How do these things wear? Do the last long enough, more than 40k miles for example? or do they wear out like crazy? I love the look of them and...
  2. Rockingladiator

Looking for a rest-mod land cruiser company

As you may be aware, The FJ Company is one of the best if not the best at this. I would definitely have a look but you will certainly need some cash!
  3. Rockingladiator

Land Rover Disco 1 weird clunking from the rear. Anyone know what it may be?

Have you check bushings mate? It's a solid axle back there so it shouldn't be anything too serious.
  4. Rockingladiator

Has anyone supercharged a 3.6 Gladiator?

I was looking into doing mine but heard similar rumours. I think it may not be worth the time and money as you may have other engine issues down the line
  5. Rockingladiator

Tips on keeping the bigs away at camp?

If you mean bugs I would suggest using some orange lights as they attract less of them. It may also be a good idea to spray the lights with some bug spray.
  6. Rockingladiator

Snorkel on your 4Runner?

I would get one, they are cheap to install and can save your engine!
  7. Rockingladiator

Car was sitting with wheels under water for 20 minutes. Will I have water in my axles?

Probably not but it's worth doing what was mentioned above
  8. Rockingladiator

Mechanical fuel pump adjustment

Usually you can turn it up to 180 degrees without having much issue. I would start from 45 to 90 degrees, test it out and if it needs more go a bit further. Is your car turbo? Because increasing the fuel without increasing the air won't do much. So, if you want the best results you will also...
  9. Rockingladiator

Recommendations for a frame rust protecting coating?

When I did mine I just cleaned the whole underside and sprayed over with a 3M Undercoat. It worked great and is still on there after 2 years
  10. Rockingladiator

Best tire size for a Gladiator?

I am currently running 35s on my Gladiator but I am thinking of switching up to 37s. It is a 3.6 petrol with not much weight into it. How do these handle the 37s? Do they have enough power?
  11. Rockingladiator

Does anyone use dehydrated food?

I use it for emergency food mate. Not gone as far as using it for proper food though yet 😂
  12. Rockingladiator

How do you keep propane tanks warm?

Electric heated pads on the size of the propane bottles?
  13. Rockingladiator

Yeti or Jackery. Which power source would you use?

I prefer the Jackery mate, I have used it for years and it has been flawless
  14. Rockingladiator

Kitchen knife recommendations? What does everyone use?

Just a normal kitchen knife here mate
  15. Rockingladiator

Best quality batteries to use in your overland vehicle?

What brand batteries do you use? Most new ones now days lat about 3 years and die. Is there anything better quality out there?
  16. Rockingladiator

Mounting a fridge in a Gladiator

Where did you mount your fridge in a Gladiator? I don't want to have it in the bed as I feel the I will significantly reduce its life when leaving it back there
  17. Rockingladiator

37s on a petrol Gladiator? Does it have the power to turn the?

37s on a petrol Gladiator? Does it have the power to turn the?
  18. Rockingladiator

What do you think about electric trucks?

We have gotten a glimpse of it with the 4xe wrangler. The instant power seems to be a bit of an issue sometimes. Also, the battery drains extremely quickly. Unless they find a way to charge an EV when off grid as easy as it is to fill up a normal truck them I am afraid we won't be able to use them.
  19. Rockingladiator

Winch steel cable vs synthetic rope. What would you choose and why?

Steel is more durable when it comes to dragging it on top of rocks and trees, it will also last longer as it isn't affected by direct sunlight
  20. Rockingladiator

How tough are awnings?

I've had mine for more than 5 years now and had no issues with it. It has been through a lot of branches and I have also smacked it on a bank a few times. So far so good.