Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. Sam Mills

TFL have bought an F-150 lightning.

TFL have bought a ford lightning. It will be interesting to see how the electric truck does over the next few weeks
  2. Sam Mills

Smittybuilt winches. Are the good?

I am in the market for a winch, what do you guys think about the Smittybuilt ones? Are they good or bad?
  3. Sam Mills

Car was sitting with wheels under water for 20 minutes. Will I have water in my axles?

So the other day I god stuck in some mud and was sitting there for about 20 minutes. All wheels where under water and I am wondering whether water has managed to get in the axles. Is there any way to check without draining the fluid?
  4. Sam Mills

Can you lift a new Defender?

The new Defender seems pretty capable from the factory. However, as every off road enthusiast would do I wonder whether it can be lifted or not. Do you guys have any idea?
  5. Sam Mills

Mechanical fuel pump adjustment

My truck has a mechanical fuel pump. Is it safe to increase the fuel by a bit? I would love to get some more power out of it
  6. Sam Mills

Which was your most memorable overland trip?

My most memorable overland trip was driving from the UK to the French Alps. Not much interns of difficult off roading; however, the views and food where absolutely stunning! What about you guys?
  7. Sam Mills

Anyone overland with dogs? How do they do on bumpy dirt tracks?

Until now I have taken my dog out overland because I was thinking he wouldn't enjoy the bumpiness and long road hours. However, I feel like it's a shame as the dog would definatelly have fan out there. Does anyone here overland with a dog? How do they faire in the car?
  8. Sam Mills

New 4Runner vs new Bronco. What would you choose and why?

New 4Runner vs new Bronco. What would you choose and why?
  9. Sam Mills

Any aftermarket control arms for a Discovery 1?

Any aftermarket control arms for a Discovery 1?
  10. Sam Mills

Fiberglass to repair rust on the floors. Is it a good idea?

Has anyone on here repaired rust on the floors of their truck with fibreglass? An old truck I have has a good sized hole in the driver's footwell and welding new steel in would be bit too expensive so I thought fiberglass would be a good solution. Has anyone done it here? Is the fibreglass...
  11. Sam Mills

Removing the anti sway bars?

I am looking at getting some more flex out of my truck and I was thinking of removing the anti sway bars. It has a two inch lift kit which is pretty stiff therefore body roll won't really be an issue. Has anyone removed the sway bars before? Is the gain in flex worth the effort? Thank you!
  12. Sam Mills

Terrafirma suspension for a Land Rover Discovery 1. Has anyone used this brand before? Prices look very tempting

I am in the process of building my Land Rover Discovery 1 into a capable toy and camping tourer and I am at the stage where I am looking for suspenion upgrades. Terrafirma seems popular and has some great prices but I have heard many people saying they are not worth it as they fail quickly...
  13. Sam Mills

how do you guys mud water out of the radiator during long water crossings?

how do you guys mud water out of the radiator during long water crossings?
  14. Sam Mills

BF Goodrich VS Toyo, what would you choose?

BF Goodrich VS Toyo, what would you choose?
  15. Sam Mills

soft shackles vs steel ones. What do you use?

soft shackles vs steel ones. What do you use?
  16. Sam Mills

Has anyone made their own maxx traxx? The price of the proper ones just seems a bit too crazy

Has anyone made their own maxx traxx? The price of the proper ones just seems a bit too crazy
  17. Sam Mills

What differentiates a good tent from a bad one in your opinion?

What differentiates a good tent from a bad one in your opinion?
  18. Sam Mills

What type of pan do you use for cooking at camp?

What type of pan do you use for cooking at camp?
  19. Sam Mills

Where are the worst rust spots on a Land Rover discovery 1?

Where are the worst rust spots on a Land Rover discovery 1?
  20. Sam Mills

Do winch land anchors actually work?

Do winch land anchors actually work?