Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. Mojave Traveler

Turtleback Trailers "Shell" trailer

So is this just a stripped down expedition trailer? They were bought out by different company earlier last year, are these trailers made same factory or is this "Shell" different?
  2. Mojave Traveler

A Chance Encounter with My First Jeep

Today, on our way home, my brother who was with me excitedly noticed my old Jeep, which we hadn't seen in ages. I was surprised to see it after so long, especially because it looked just like it did when I sold it. With the exception of a small dent on the drivers side. Back then, as a newbie to...
  3. Mojave Traveler

Xplor just released new solar panels

I have a couple of their older 126W solar panels and technically 1 as I gave my brother in law one of the panels. But I just heard they updated their panels from him actually. The 126W is now a 140W panel. But what we can't tell is, aside from the size increase, how are these different...
  4. Mojave Traveler

National parks could be closed because of government shutdown!

Damn, this is going to suck you know what if the parks close down! No camping!! https://www.npca.org/articles/3590-what-a-federal-government-shutdown-means-for-national-parks
  5. Mojave Traveler

How to extend the range of a Starlink router?

I don't suppose there is a way to extend the range on this thing is there?
  6. Mojave Traveler

Colorado sheriff warns 'ass clowns' to not drive up Black Bear Pass

YouTube is on fire with recommendations to me this morning. I'm actually surprised with this one. Considering how dangerous this road is. But then again you have people who just don't think about safety and then find themselves in a bad spot.
  7. Mojave Traveler

Problem with Eco Flo Glacier fridge

I love this fridge, but just noticed something. When I'm running it in Eco mode, it runs like it should. However the moment that I move it off eco mode, it stops cooling and teams go up to ~68F. Which is a big no go. I actually tried to call their customer service number I found...
  8. Mojave Traveler

How to field test true wattage from a solar panel?

I have a new solar panel that just arrived and I'd like to test to see how close to the advertised output does it actually put out. What is the best way to do this?
  9. Mojave Traveler

Any way to lock hood on Jeep?

Both my hood latches were popped off this morning and 100% wasn't me. I've not opened my hood in weeks. This brings up a good question: Is there a way to lock the hood on a Jeep so no random person can get access to under the hood?
  10. Mojave Traveler

Some butt head keyed my Jeep!

I have a key mark going down about 18" on my drivers side. I'm pretty sure about 7" of this will buff out, but need touch up for rest. Can you recommend a good color to match touch up paint for Jeep colors please? Thank you
  11. Mojave Traveler

Eezi-Awn SWORD Family Hard Shell Tent??

Why is the back end of this tent much higher than the nose? I know with their wedge tent, it's all about height. Seeing that this opens completely different, why? https://eezi-awn.com/us/product/eezi-awn-sword-family-hard-shell-tent/
  12. Mojave Traveler

Yellowstone Discussion in here

Alright, I just got threw watching Yellowstone this evening and of course the Duttons don’t disappoint. Now what has me wondering is why in hell would Jamie think he could go to war with the rest of his family by trying to impeach his father? After all, Beth has a photo of Jamie ditching his...
  13. Mojave Traveler

BEAR DEFENSE: 44 Mag vs 10mm Auto (Which is Better?)

Interesting video that just went live about 6 hours ago:
  14. Mojave Traveler

How Far Can a Diesel and Electric Truck Tow An Identical Camper Trailer on ONE Fill-up?

These guys always bring good truck videos. I think anyone looking at EV these days are concerned about range and what happens when you start adding things, or towing things. This video is a must watch:
  15. Mojave Traveler

Camping Whiskey?

In the last year I have just gotten into enjoying whiskey while out camping. Now the only one I really know of is Jack Daniels. Which they have a number of different flavors, which have been enjoyable. However would like to explore other tasty options that others might indulge in? Got any...
  16. Mojave Traveler

Forgot stove at home!!

Ahhhhhhh, we just arrived in Utah for a 5 day trip and I started unpacking things and realized the stove is not in here! @#$#$! Last week I had it out to clean and I left it on my workbench. It's not the end of the world because I have a Jetboil and a bunch of Mountain House and Peak Refuel...
  17. Mojave Traveler

Forging mushrooms when overlanding?

Any mushroom experts here? How can you tell if a mushroom is safe to eat?
  18. Mojave Traveler

What is your favorite time of the year to head out camping?

I managed to break my left wrist and now typing with one hand and have to cancel my upcoming trip. As I'm sitting here this evening, it dawned on me that I'm mainly heading out during late summer and fall time. Would love to learn when others head out the most for your camping?
  19. Mojave Traveler

Boreas EOS-12 camper trailer center of gravity?

OK so we have made some changes in the direction of trailer we may be going with. My wife really likes this camper trailer from Boreas: https://boreascampers.com/eos12/ I'm not sure about this thing, as it looks top heavy, and honestly I want something that is well planted on the ground...
  20. Mojave Traveler

Where did you finance your trailer?

We want to get a new trailer, but don't have the disposable 'cash' to fork out for one. So instead we are going to finance a trailer, and keep our cash in the bank. Who do you recommend?