Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. Mojave Traveler

Aluminum vs steel skid plates??

Aluminum takes impacts better in terms of more forgiving.
  2. Mojave Traveler

270 Awning with reflective material on top?

Reflective? Hmmm, not sure. But stay away from Rhino Batwing. Mine keeps breaking.
  3. Mojave Traveler

Ticking noise from 2017 Wrangler motor

What color was the smoke coming out of it?
  4. Mojave Traveler

Windproof 270 awning?

When wind comes, put the awning away. I don't know of a single awning that is "windproof". Fast enough wind will mess up anything if it's moving quick enough.
  5. Mojave Traveler

Forced Authority Dorothy MK 2 Wind mill power output??

No kidding. Even on their FB page, the founder talking about how awesome this is, fails to disclose any power specs from this. I like the idea that you can be farming energy 24/7, but they have to understand people need to know what they can expect. Especially if they are charging big coin...
  6. Mojave Traveler

Propane vs butane?

Great question about propane and butane for stoves! Both gases are popular choices, but they do have their differences, which can make one more suitable than the other depending on your needs. Temperature Performance: Propane performs better in colder temperatures. It remains effective even...
  7. Mojave Traveler

Are you using your portable power banks at your home?

No, but we are having a backup system installed with solar in May.
  8. Mojave Traveler

First time van suggestions for newcomer $135,000 budget

+1 170 Mercedes Sprinter. For $135,000 I would shop used. For that money you can get yourself into a decent equipped 2019-2021. Lots of builders out there.
  9. Mojave Traveler

Turtleback Trailers "Shell" trailer

So is this just a stripped down expedition trailer? They were bought out by different company earlier last year, are these trailers made same factory or is this "Shell" different?
  10. Mojave Traveler

Big brake options for Sprinter vans?

Kerma makes a decent upgraded brake as well - https://owlvans.com/products/kerma-upgraded-brakes-for-sprinter-2007-2021
  11. Mojave Traveler

4x4 worth the money for winter driving?

I'm the same way. But for those factoring budget, keep in mind it's future tire cost too. There will be more frequent tire replacements too.
  12. Mojave Traveler

DC powered Starlink 3rd Gen WiFi 6 Router

I heard this was more for residential applications and not roaming.
  13. Mojave Traveler

A Chance Encounter with My First Jeep

Today, on our way home, my brother who was with me excitedly noticed my old Jeep, which we hadn't seen in ages. I was surprised to see it after so long, especially because it looked just like it did when I sold it. With the exception of a small dent on the drivers side. Back then, as a newbie to...
  14. Mojave Traveler

Springfield M1A Tanker just came in!

Heck yeah, that's a classic!
  15. Mojave Traveler

How much spare fuel do you carry?

3.5 gallons is what I have, I have two 1.75 gallon spare tanks
  16. Mojave Traveler

White water Rotopax container be used for drinking water?

I would just rinse the @#$#$ out of it first
  17. Mojave Traveler

Matts Offroad Recovery Building The World's Smallest Off Road Wrecker!

Imagine being stuck and hearing Matts Recovery coming to save the day and they show up in this clown car? 5 people get out of it and start pushing. :ROFLMAO:
  18. Mojave Traveler

Can you burn wood in Nomad grill and smoker?

I've seen these ads around for these grills. I'm pretty sure that is charcoal only. Just use wood charcoal. They sell that stuff at Home Depot for a big bag.
  19. Mojave Traveler

Rubber vs Metal valve stems

Forgot the they make metal ones. +1 rubber all the way for the flexibility!
  20. Mojave Traveler

Who starts a fire with ferro rod?

Yeah I have one, but have only used a few times to see how it works. I have a couple of lighters in the rig and torch for those wet days.