Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. Carbon Dude

Wiring up Switch Pros??

How much of a task is it to wire up Switch Pros? I checked reviews here and didn't see any, so now asking you all. If you have set up this system in your Jeep, what was involved in it, and were you happy with the functionality it delivered?
  2. Carbon Dude

Best way to find dispersed camping spots?

It always seems like a tedious process on Google to track down a good camping spot that allows dispersed camping. How are you finding camping spots?
  3. Carbon Dude

ReGear or not to ReGear the gladiator??

I feel more power is needed and right now this has 4.11's in it. But thinking for last 2 months about moving up to 4.88 or 5.13. Really on the fence and putting this out there to see where the wind blows me. :cool:
  4. Carbon Dude

Securing camp when you need to run into town?

If you have camp set up and need to run into town for something, will you pack up camp to head into town, or will you do something to keep things safe and secure when you leave? If you are the person that packs up everything, what are you doing to keep the campsite looking taken so someone else...
  5. Carbon Dude

Death Valley all opened up from last years rain?

I don't suppose any of you know if the closures in Death Valley from last year are still closed, or have things reopened out there?
  6. Carbon Dude

Anza Borrego camping spots

Where are the most scenic camping spots in Anza Borrego? I don't suppose there is any water down in that area this time of the year?
  7. Carbon Dude

Beachbox shower good for tent camping rinse?

We love tent camping, but hate that we don't have a good setup for freshening up. A friend just forwarded me a link to this "Beachbox Shower" as a joke. But the more I look at this thing, I think this might work for showering off in a tent. Keep the water pressure low and shower away? What...
  8. Carbon Dude

Cast iron pan has some rust on it??

I just got in from cleaning my overlanding stuff in the garage and my cast iron pan has some rust on it. Can I just wipe this down with cooking oil or what is going to be the best way to fix this?
  9. Carbon Dude

DIY camper built in 3 weeks

Not exactly my flavor of a trailer, but it turned out good and impressed it only took 3 weeks to build this thing.
  10. Carbon Dude

Jeep tries to cross river -instant regret!

Hurts seeing this Jeep with the water so deep in the interior. But curious though, that being fresh water and the owner said he shut it off before it went into intake, so why would this be a totalled truck? Once it dried off, shouldn't it start?
  11. Carbon Dude

Kickass shower tent awning base doesn't drain

I'll give this benefit of doubt on me, I picked this up thinking it would drain the water from the shower but it puddles up. Now what I'm wondering if I put a piece of 1/2" plywood under this on a slight tilt this should do the trick. But the problem with that is a bulky item I'm now having to...
  12. Carbon Dude

Trying to remove front grill on my Jeep

I don't suppose any of you have experience with removing a front grill from a Jeep?
  13. Carbon Dude

Big Bear Update: Trails closed until June 30th!

WOW, a buddy just forwarded me this video. :( I hope this isn't true.
  14. Carbon Dude

Any so California people here?

I don't supposed you know of a way to get up to Big Bear right now? I'm seeing all roads are closed. We have a cabin up there and supposed to be up there tomorrow till next Sunday. Apparently they got something like 2 feet of snow during last 24 hours. Thanks for the help
  15. Carbon Dude

King of Hammers internet cost $700?!

Seriously? I’m looking at tickets, which isn’t bad, camping just $25. But $700 is what they are charging for internet? $7 OK, I’m game. So hope this is spelling error.
  16. Carbon Dude

Vagabond Outdoor Drifter vs AT Overland Summit Truck Topper

I'm thinking about going another direction with my Gladiator and want one of those wedge style cameras on the back. I know some really dig the GoFast camper, which is nice. But I want something a little different so came up with these two options: Vagabond Outdoor Drifter and AT Overlands...
  17. Carbon Dude

Bronco Raptor SNOW WHEELING!!

Saw this video this morning and it was too good not to share!
  18. Carbon Dude

@#$#@% Nail in my new tire!!

These tires are not even a month old and just noticed a big old nail in my driver side rear tire!! @#$%%^!!! Construction site down the road from my house. I should have seen this coming.
  19. Carbon Dude

How To Build an AFFORDABLE CAMPER in 4 Weeks!

YouTube just shared this video with me and while I'm buying a Patriot or Turtleback, I thought this was pretty incredible and figured some of you would find this guys work interesting. Check out this trailer this guy built:
  20. Carbon Dude

INSANE Jeep Gladiator Build Sheet

These guys are doing some giveaway with this Jeep, (put aside that crap), this truck is full of ideas for fellow JT owners!