Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. GEONat

If you have 24V solar panel, can that solar panel be used on 12V system?

Hey gang, Merry Christmas. My wife just bought me a couple solar panels as a Christmas gift. Only possible problem is that these panels are 24V and all my systems are 12V. Can I still use these new panels? I thought there was a way to step down the power, am I correct?
  2. GEONat

How to remove oil spill marks on concrete?

I managed to get some oil drips on my rough concrete. Is there anyway of getting these removed?
  3. GEONat

HEST mattress worth the $$

Damn these guys charge a pretty coin for their mattresses and pillows. But are they worth it? I just ordered a KingCamp bed frame and need something to sit on it. Thank you for the help.
  4. GEONat

Best small 2 person tents sold at Walmart?

My sister lives near a Walmart and her 10 year old boys birthday is in March. They do most of their shopping at this superstore. Her son has expressed interest in getting started in camping. Being 10 years old, he doesn't need a big tent so a 2 person will be plenty. I'd like to buy it from...
  5. GEONat

Limb risers anyone?

Hey gang, I'm finally just figured out what those wires some trucks have on their hoods. Curious how many people are running limb risers and do these actually work well? Well enough to get or just something that looks cool?
  6. GEONat

Can a Maxtrax be used as sand anchor?

These things are supposed to be super strong. Just thinking, can one of these be used as a sand anchor to pull your rig out?
  7. GEONat

Krazy Beaver shovel tips durable?

I need to get a good shovel for my camping setup and looking at one of these Krazy Beaver shovels. These are pretty pricey for a shovel, but one thing has me wondering, is the tip. How durable are these when shoveling hard grounds? Have you bent a tip before?
  8. GEONat

FJ Cruiser coming back as electric?

I was talking with a buddy and he mentioned that there was rumors that the FJ Cruiser would be coming back as a electric SUV to kick off Toyotas EV truck market. Or SUV market rather. Have you heard any details confirming this? Damn, that would be great. Always surprised they pulled the...
  9. GEONat

How to mount solar panels on top of iKamper without drilling holes?

Hey gang, is there a way to mount solar on the top of my iKamper without having to drill holes in this thing?
  10. GEONat

Maxtrax all sold out??

Dang, this was a surprise, I'm trying to find the orange Maxtrax and everyone is sold out. What's going on with these things? Would you happen to know where I can find a set of orange please? Thank you!
  11. GEONat

Generators that run on gas AND propane?

I'm on Amazon and looking at this Champion Power 3400 Watt dual fuel inverter generator that runs apparently on both gas and propane. How is this possible?? Now I don't claim to know much about generators, but I thought gas is gas and others are, well others. This is pretty slick if these...
  12. GEONat

Reliable and durable for offroad lithium battery recommendation needed for DIY trailer

In about 3-4 weeks I should be ready to slap in a couple batteries into my DIY offroad trailer. I've not even stated down the battery side of things or power management, but seeing that I'm asking questions, might as well roll out another here! Let me know which battery you are using in your...
  13. GEONat

Building DIY camper, and need window and door recommendations

Building a DIY camera has proven to be a ton of fun, but I would like to take a short cut with the windows and door. Can you suggest a durable set of windows and door that are sold 'rough'. Manufacture or retailers website will be great so I can look at options and different sizes if offered...