Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. GEONat

Securing camp when you need to run into town?

Usually my wife will make the run into town and I'll stay behind at camp
  2. GEONat

Tembo Tusk Skottle cleaning?

Easy, boil the water wipe down and yes, I like to put a little vegetable oil on the while it's hot after it's been cleaned off.
  3. GEONat

Skyloft Van by Redtail Overland

I like what they have done here, however they have priced this so far out in left field that this has become novelty. I would rather reach out to a van builder, and have them install one of those roof top tents or popups. Heck you could easily save over half the cost than this van and I feel...
  4. GEONat

ZERO BREEZE Mark 3 portable AC

What about heat?
  5. GEONat

If you have 24V solar panel, can that solar panel be used on 12V system?

Hey gang, Merry Christmas. My wife just bought me a couple solar panels as a Christmas gift. Only possible problem is that these panels are 24V and all my systems are 12V. Can I still use these new panels? I thought there was a way to step down the power, am I correct?
  6. GEONat

How to mount chase lights on Turtleback Expedition trailer?

You have batteries on this trailer, so just set up one of your circuits on the trailer for the chase lights. When you take off, turn it on, your truck should be charging the trailers battery as you drive right? Seems like the simplest way in my book.
  7. GEONat

Durable clear top for 4 door Wrangler?

Not many that are making these things, but try: https://www.clearlidz.com
  8. GEONat

Oztent sv-5-max tent worth the money?

Never heard of this tent before, had to Google what you were talking about and found this page: https://oztent.com/products/sv-5-max heart breaking story behind this tent. My question is what happens if you are in a windy place, that huge awning on the front of that would create so much lift?
  9. GEONat

How to remove oil spill marks on concrete?

I managed to get some oil drips on my rough concrete. Is there anyway of getting these removed?
  10. GEONat

Are Hiker Trailers considered a good trailer to own?

Escopod, SoCal Teardrops and Hiker are the top teardrops if you want my 2 cents
  11. GEONat

HEST mattress worth the $$

Damn these guys charge a pretty coin for their mattresses and pillows. But are they worth it? I just ordered a KingCamp bed frame and need something to sit on it. Thank you for the help.
  12. GEONat

Lightest 100Ah lithium battery?

smritte, how often are you heading out? Where in the country are you located?
  13. GEONat

Partner Stove in stock?

Go direct, they have stock: https://partnersteel.com/shop/ols/products/2-burner-partner-stoves-with-windscreens
  14. GEONat

Big Bear Update: Trails closed until June 30th!

We have those smarter than all people here too. Ruining access for all because they got their self in a bad situation.
  15. GEONat

Waterproofing canvas tent?

You are in luck, I just called my son who is cleaning out the garage as we speak and he confirmed it's from White duck, their Alpha pro tent. But no issues with mildew at all.
  16. GEONat

Keeping ants out of your tent while camping?

Well there are several ways to keep ants out of your tent: Elevate your tent on a platform or camping cot to keep ants from crawling in through the ground. Use ant repellent sprays or natural remedies such as vinegar, lemon juice, or cinnamon around the perimeter of your tent. Store your food...
  17. GEONat

Waterproofing canvas tent?

No Cole canvas tents need to get treated in order to have weatherproof properties. We have an old canvas tent in the garage that we take out once or twice during the summer months when we head up to the lake with the family. It huge, and can fit 10 people in it. I bought this tent 7 or 8...
  18. GEONat

Best small 2 person tents sold at Walmart?

My sister lives near a Walmart and her 10 year old boys birthday is in March. They do most of their shopping at this superstore. Her son has expressed interest in getting started in camping. Being 10 years old, he doesn't need a big tent so a 2 person will be plenty. I'd like to buy it from...
  19. GEONat

Mounting solar on roof of truck to charge Jackery 1500

Agree, that's the name of the game. Keep input lower than what that thing is rated for to keep yourself from damaging it.
  20. GEONat

How long can you store water before bacteria or ??

2 months is the max I would store. But keep in mind you can get those water purifier pills to extend things.