Search results | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Search results

1. Chad Hahn

Anyone running Accelera Badak X-Treme tires?

Sifting through new tires on Google and found these: https://www.accelera-radial.com/products/details/badak-x-treme How are these in snow and rain?
  2. Chad Hahn

Directional MT Tires

I'm about 4,000 miles away from needing a new set of tires. What are the negatives of directional tires?
  3. Chad Hahn

Milestar Patagonia MT2 tires

These tires just arrived and I'm wondering once the center wears down, will the loudness of these tires be getting worse as it wears down further and further?
  4. Chad Hahn

Aquaquest survivor series tarp

Last tarp we picked up, the moment a little wind kicked up, all the anchor points got all torn to heck. I came across these survivor tarps from a company called Aquaquest on Amazon. What I really want to know is how durable is the fabric?
  5. Chad Hahn

How to store water a long time?

What’s the trick for storing water for a long time?
  6. Chad Hahn

How to remove hard water stains from trucks paint job?

Where I park my truck is right next to sprinklers and the water around here is hard and my trucks paint just doesn't shine at all on the passenger side. How can I remove these water stains? Thanks for the help!
  7. Chad Hahn

Centorioutdoors Pioneer popup tent??

Morning all. Would you happen to know if you are in an area that gets snow fall, what sort of downward weight a tent like this can handle? https://centorioutdoors.com/collections/hard-shell-roof-top-tent/products/popup-hard-shell-roof-top-tent Better yet, will those stuts hold a small gear...
  8. Chad Hahn

Turning on and off Starlink subscription?

During the months that we aren't traveling, we can shut down the Starlink subscription right? Are there any negatives to this and turning the service back on?
  9. Chad Hahn

Just bought a 4xe Jeep! Roof top tent time!!

Many of you know, we have been sporting the Raptor for some time. Only crummy part about this was it was a bit big for getting down on the trails. Not to mention horrible on gas. So we are keeping the Raptor, but picked up a 4xe (bought it used, but only 1700 miles). Love this new truck. We...
  10. Chad Hahn

What happens when you don't have chain tensioners?

I just realized that my new chains I bought don't have tensioners. Is this the end of the world or can I use bungee cords as a short term solution? Looking on Amazon and all the ones I think will fit won't get here till next week. I'm heading to the mountains in 2 days. So do I absolutely...
  11. Chad Hahn

Durability of one of the collapsible silicone tea kettles?

My wife and I have gotten into drinking tea over coffee during the last couple years and my wife just forwarded me a link on Amazon for this collapsible silicone tea kettle. It's priced fair (assuming decent quality), but what we would like to know is how durable is it when getting used often...
  12. Chad Hahn

How are you storing gas for longer periods of time?

What's the trick to storing gas and not having it go bad?
  13. Chad Hahn

Anyone else concerned about rising gas prices?

My Raptor is already a gas pig, but I knew that when I bought it back in '19. But what has me thinking right now is that every time I head out, I'm spending conservatively about $300-$400 on gas each trip. I have a Patriot trailer on order and it just dawned on me that my fuel spend could go...
  14. Chad Hahn

Converting onboard water to filtered water suitable for drinking?

Your water tank on your trailer that you file via your garden hose, is there a way to add a filter and make suitable for drinking? Is there a kit you can direct be to please? Thank you
  15. Chad Hahn

Possible to add auto start on older truck?

Dang it, I forget the year of my neighbors Dodge pickup! Well regardless he is looking to add an aftermarket auto start to it. Would you happen to know if anyone makes one and if so, what is involved in installing it? Thanks in advance!
  16. Chad Hahn

How are cooking during camping with all the fire bans?

Man, such a dry year and so many fire bans. How are you doing your cooking while camping?
  17. Chad Hahn

How to pump water from river to camp site 100 feet?

I have a 12v self priming pump on my overland rig that is good for pushing water about 65 feet. Water levels have been down in many places we have gone, which require pumping water a tad over 100 feet. So I'm trying to figure out how I can do this while keeping it 12v and simple setup? I...
  18. Chad Hahn

Best way to secure your hitch when leaving the trailer at camp for the day?

I could use some advice here. When you leave your camp and want to leave your trailer behind what are you doing to secure your hitch? Now I have a Max Coupler hitch, so I know it's not as common as a 2" ball as an example. But when you want to leave and explore a bit or head into town, what...