Recent content by Ward Powell | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Recent content by Ward Powell

1. Ward Powell

Espar diesel heater doesn't seem to be getting fuel

What ended up being the problem with this? Was it the filter or defective pump?
  2. Ward Powell

High Altitude Trailer TB50 in wind

Well anytime you add any flat surface, it's going to impact how it drives and act as a windsock of some sort. That said, High Altitude TB50 looks like a very well made topper.
  3. Ward Powell

Mr Heater Buddy heater used in tent overnight

No, to much of a fan of these heaters. I get a headache when I use it and before anyone says anything, windows are open.
  4. Ward Powell

Proper use of a Proper Ferro Rod

We have a overlanding meetup group I'll attend here. It's mainly just a group of people who like to get out and camp. We talk about gear, safety and organize trips. One thing I have noticed is that many people don't understand ferro rods and how to use these. A video that I think really does...
  5. Ward Powell

Determining which recovery rope is needed based on vehicle weight

So I'm looking at page #1 in my Quadretec magazine at this RES-Q 30 foot recovery rope that has rating of 29,000 lbs. If your rig weights let's say 5,000lbs, is it safe to assume you will never break this rope with your vehicle regardless what you do to it?
  6. Ward Powell

What do you think of this truck topper?

If you are in places where you have the trail space, yeah something like this converts your bed nicely. I think where this gets goofy is smaller trucks. If you look on their site, notice nearly all the photos are taken from diagonal with few directly from the back? Because they know how...
  7. Ward Powell

Padded Floor mat for under tent

This weekend we went camping and the ground was so rocky! I have a sore foot from this one. Need to find a padded floor mat, something that will absorb rocks. Can you suggest one please?
  8. Ward Powell

Overland West in Flagstaff, who's going?

Just arrived today, can't believe how packed it is!
  9. Ward Powell

Trying to attach solar panel to Roofnest Condor roof

+1 VHT tape is the way to go, that stuff is there for life though, so make sure you measure twice!
  10. Ward Powell

HARDEST Overland Trail In North America (We Almost Died)

Here's a video all you fellow Jeep owners want to watch. This looks like a good time, and no click bait, he had a close call there.
  11. Ward Powell

Lolo Diesel Heater kit

You all see this thing: https://bcoffroadshop.com/products/diesel-heater-zipper-mount-rotating-vent-bracket-assembly?variant=4227429187601
  12. Ward Powell

What is the farthest and longest time you have gone out camping/overlanding?

I'm bored out of my mind so stopping by here to say hello and make some small talk. So... What is the farthest you have traveled for overlanding/camping? What is the longest you have stayed out overlanding/camping?
  13. Ward Powell

Pulling the trigger on a GFC camper topper, who has in stock?

Congrats! Yeah dude, 6 weeks is nothing these days!
  14. Ward Powell

Tent spikes that will go into frozen ground?

What spikes are you using when the ground is frozen?