Recent content by RiverRat | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Recent content by RiverRat

1. RiverRat

Tired of Frontrunner camping chair

I have a couple of these and the bolts keep coming out, making these chairs worthless. I like the size of this chair and comfort when they do work. But mine keeps losing bolts. Can you recommend another chair that is around same size when folded up? Thank you
  2. RiverRat

NOMAD Grill & Smoker

I want, but not a full price. I'll wait for a killer sale price!
  3. RiverRat

Roctrailers Ald09 series teardrop??

Nice looking trailer
  4. RiverRat

Aluminum vs steel skid plates??

If you are putting plates under your truck, can you get away with aluminum and not have anything to worry or should you go steel?
  5. RiverRat

What cleaner you using on your truck for heavy mud?

I have the same stuff, this works incredible. Actually good example of a little goes a long way. Smells good as well.
  6. RiverRat

Cooking on wood or charcoal?

Tough call, honestly it's a coin flip for me.
  7. RiverRat

Inergy Flex 1500

Well they are not in stock right now :(
  8. RiverRat

How to tell if canvas tent is waterproof or fire resistant?

First off, congrats on the new-to-you canvas wall tent find! Estate sales can be treasure troves for cool outdoor gear. Now, onto your questions: Waterproof Test: One straightforward way to check if the canvas is waterproof is to set it up and spray it with a hose. Look for water seepage on...
  9. RiverRat

Getting dirt out from tent floors?

Ah, the age-old issue of dirt in the tent, right? I've been there more times than I'd like to admit. So, if your tent has a floor and you're dealing with the pesky dirt and debris that inevitably get tracked in, here are a few tips I've found helpful: Prevention is Key: Before setting up your...
  10. RiverRat

Bureau Of Land Management Rules Off-Roading Is Ruining Moab

Yep, city people just won't care either and will continue to trash things
  11. RiverRat

Rotopax leaks when laid down?

Welcome to Rotopax. I had mine mounted on roof and had same problem. Got tired of trying to top it from leaking so mounted on the side my set up.
  12. RiverRat

Bureau Of Land Management Rules Off-Roading Is Ruining Moab

Not the first and won't be the last. Look at what has happened in other national parks around the states in the last few years. All these urban people with nothing better to do, and go out there and tear things up with their new trucks.
  13. RiverRat

Matts Offroad Recovery Building The World's Smallest Off Road Wrecker!

OMG, this was a good laugh watching Matt trying to get this thing up that hill.
  14. RiverRat

Keeping bugs out of tent at night?

Doesn't that have a very strong smell?