Recent content by Northernexplorer | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Recent content by Northernexplorer

1. Northernexplorer

Auto transmission maintenance, how to you keep them going for longer?

Which is the main killer of an auto trans? Any way to make them last longer? I do a lot of miles and many of them involve towing which definitely puts a lot of stress on the transmission so I would like to do anything I can to prolong its life
  2. Northernexplorer

TESLA Powered Polaris UTV?

Straight up madness!
  3. Northernexplorer

Experience with Toyo MTs?

Great tire mate, sister brand to Nitto. They last for ever
  4. Northernexplorer

How can you make overlanding more enjoyable for the whole family?

I think the most important thing is to make sure they are comfortable and feel safe at night. Having a way to shower, go to the toilet and stay cool or warm is crucial for them to enjoy the trip!
  5. Northernexplorer

Anyone here ever used 255.85.r16s? (Pizza cutters)

Have not used them before, but they would make sense for your particular application
  6. Northernexplorer

Any suggestions for a budget camera to take on our trips?

Sony ZV1 is also a good choice but you need to keep in mind that the lenses are not interchangeable
  7. Northernexplorer

What brand engine oil do you use?

Royal Purple is a great oil if you really want to keep your engine in optimal condition. Kendall is good as well though
  8. Northernexplorer

Smittybuilt winches. Are the good?

Warn winches are better. However, smitybuilt ones seem to have been getting good comments recently
  9. Northernexplorer

Suggestions for all-terrains that perform great in snow?

Bfs have been great for me. Every time I use the in snow I am surprised at how well they do
  10. Northernexplorer

Diff oil or grease in swivel hubs. What do you guys use?

I am pretty sure and rover suggests using grease in all coil sprung vehicles. The main reason is that grease doesn't leak as easy. You can use diff oil if you want
  11. Northernexplorer

Experience with Toyo MTs?

A mate of mine has them and they have been wearing great. Would highly recommend them
  12. Northernexplorer

What brand engine oil do you use?

Getting ready to head on a road trip and I thought I'd go over the fluids before I get going. Since it is nearly time for an oil change I will be doing it now to avoid the hassle of doing it while on the road. I have been using Castrol so far but I was wondering what oil brand you guys use...
  13. Northernexplorer

I kamper Mini, any real life reviews here?

I had one for a year and it way great. Build quality and ease of setup where both top notch. I would definitely recommend them!
  14. Northernexplorer

Old 4.0 TJ on 35s. How bad is it on the motorway?

They pretty sluggish especially on the uphills. They also tend to overheat so you will need to drive it carefully