Recent content by DirtyDodge | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Recent content by DirtyDodge

1. DirtyDodge

Any iKamper air mattress reviews?

Yes, that's pretty much the reason they've made it. I think its offered as an add-on to their tents but can be used in any setup you want
  2. DirtyDodge

Anyone take a motorbike on their adventures? If so how do you carry it?

I do sometimes but it goes in the bed of my truck!
  3. DirtyDodge

What size tires are you running and would you go for that size again?

Mine is on 35s from stock. Thinking of going for 37s but I do have the power. I used to have some 35s on a truck that couldn't turn them and it was pure misery on the motorway!
  4. DirtyDodge

Electric conversion kit for your classic Land Rover. Would you do it?

No I wouldn't. Classic cars should have engines in them that's the whole point!
  5. DirtyDodge

Are Method wheels worth the price?

Yep, definatelly worth it. Few wheels come close when it comes to quality and looks
  6. DirtyDodge

HP gains from Quadratec Axle back exhaust on 2018 JK?

Is it on a petrol? If so you may feel some difference in power but nothing drastic. Diesels get the best results with these kinds of mods
  7. DirtyDodge

EcoFlow WAVE 4000 BTU PORTABLE Battery Powered Air Conditioner

With the hot months approaching this can be a game changer. It should be worth getting if it works as it should
  8. DirtyDodge

How often rotating mud tires?

I do most of the simple servicing myself so while I am there I rotate them every 6k miles
  9. DirtyDodge

Best tires for overlanding / tough trails?

If you aren't hitting muddy trails often then bf ATs are perfect. They do great on rocks and dry sand
  10. DirtyDodge

Diesel or petrol for a new truck? What would you choose in the current crisis?

Diesel or petrol for a new truck? What would you choose in the current crisis?
  11. DirtyDodge

Which wood stove is being used in this hot tent?

Sadly I don't mate. Does this guy have a tour of his tent or something? You may find the answer you are looking for if he does
  12. DirtyDodge

opinions on wheel spacers?

It is a weird subject. Some people hate them others love them. Personally, I have used them on many vehicles and have never had an issue with the spacer, wheel bearing or suspension. I thing most of the problems come when you combine the spacers with a heavy tire then you start eating...
  13. DirtyDodge

2wd on snow tires vs 4wd on all seasons which would drive better in the shallow snow

There are a lot of videos online proving that a 2wd on snow tires actually get s better traction. Where that can be bait questionable there is no doubt the the car with the snow tires will have better braking. Putting snow tires on a 4wd is the best of both worlds; however, a good set of all...
  14. DirtyDodge

How do wooden drawers fair with the vibrations of off roading?

If you get good quality wood and runners then I can't see any reason why a wooden drawer would have any issues. Plus if you factor in the cost of making steel ones you will probably be able to get 2 or even 3 sets of wooden ones before you reach the price of a steel one. Steel drawers are also...