Recent content by Aussieadventurer | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Recent content by Aussieadventurer

1. Aussieadventurer

Suggestions for all-terrains that perform great in snow?

In Australia we are now going through winter. I am looking for some all terrain tires that also perform well in the snow. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Aussieadventurer

Tips on keeping the bigs away at camp?

What do you guys do to keep all the annoying bug away when camping? Any tips that actually work?
  3. Aussieadventurer

Opinions on Smitty built winches? are they reliable?

Opinions on Smitty built winches? are they reliable?
  4. Aussieadventurer

Are remote reservoir shocks worth the money?

I am contemplating on whether I should get remote reservoir shocks or just stick to normal ones. What are the benefits of each and what do you guys run?
  5. Aussieadventurer

How do you keep propane tanks warm?

I am heading for a trip in Tasmania and temps there can get bellow 0 which for an Aussie is bloody cold. I don't want my propane tanks to freeze up and fail on me in the morning. Does anyone have any tips when it comes to keeping these tanks slightly warmer during the night?
  6. Aussieadventurer

TJM Suspension, any real world reviews?

Has anyone used TJM suspension before? I am thinking of buying their 50mm kit for my 79 series land cruiser but thought I would do some research first.
  7. Aussieadventurer

Is the Transamerica trail still drivable?

Following my previous post on two Land Rovers driving the trans America trail I was wondering whether the trail still exists and whether it can be driven? Or have sections of it gotten paved? I am from Australia but would love to go on such an adventure!
  8. Aussieadventurer

Safest way to increase tent ambient temperature?

A diesel heater is you best bet here. The arm air it produces is moisture free and no fuel is burned inside you tent therefore the air stay completely safe
  9. Aussieadventurer

When is iKamper Skycamp 3.0 available ?

Not sure when it is coming but if you have something else to sleep in until it is out then use that. Hopefully there are no supply issues when it comes out though!
  10. Aussieadventurer

Paint Polish, can it remove pinstripes?

Yes mate it will remove most of them. I polished my truck once and I was amazed at the result
  11. Aussieadventurer

Who said you can't overland in a small vehicle?

Check out this sick Jimny overland setup!
  12. Aussieadventurer

Starting a camp fire after days of rain. Any tips to make the process easier?

We have been getting loads of rain here lately and all the fire wood is drenched. How do you guys deal with this? Any clever ways to get a fire going even when all the wood is wet?
  13. Aussieadventurer

What could cause steering play? I seem to be having some issues lately where my steering feels a bit too irresponsive

What could cause steering play? I seem to be having some issues lately where my steering feels a bit too irresponsive